PRIVACY NOTICE AND DISCLOSURE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms. This may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our members or former members to anyone, except as permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION ABOUT FORMER MEMBERS
If you terminate your membership with Trademark Federal Credit Union we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to persons who need to know that personal information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal Regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
WHAT MEMBERS CAN DO TO HELP
Trademark Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its Members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep your PIN with your card, which can provide free access to accounts if your card is lost or stolen.
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account number, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone number changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately.
EMAIL COMMUNICATION SECURITY
Unsecured E-mail and the Feedback section of the website are not secure methods of contact. You should never provide information that is sensitive or confidential, such as your social security number, account number, or PIN, through those channels. To send a secure communication, please navigate to the Contact Us tab and select Secure Email. You will be directed to our secure e-mail portal. You will need the e-mail address of the Trademark employee or department you are attempting to contact. If you have not previously registered for the secure e-mail service, you will need to click the Register button and follow the instructions on the screen.
THIRD PARTY LINKS